Dog rose (Rosa canina) is a climbing wild rose species native to Europe, northwest Africa and western Asia. Therapeutic properties of its small red-orange fruit or hip have been known for centuries. It’s a great source of vitamin C and other important nutrients that help boost immune system, prevent and treat colds, reduce fever and cure stomach irritations. Traditionally rosehips are used to make syrup, tea and marmalade.
Rosehips are also used to extract oil. Rich in vitamin C and E, beta-carotene, lycopene, fatty acids such as Linoleic acid(Omega-6), Oleic acid(Omega-9) and Linolenic acid(Omega-3), the oil provides antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory action and offers many benefits for skin. Suitable for all skin types, especially great for oily skin.
- moistures skin without making it greasy and clogging pores, creates protective barrier that prevents skin from dehydration.
- delays the effects of skin aging, supports cell regeneration and promotes collagen production, improves texture and revitalizes the skin, reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- reduces hyperpigmentation, age spots, evens the tone of skin giving your complexion a healthy glow.
- treats scars, acne, dermatitis and stretch marks.
- relieves sunburn, soothes and reduces inflammation.
We like Rosehip Oil for its cleansing, anti-inflammatory and astringent properties. This oil is included in Atlantis Skincare Glowing Skin Cleansing Milk and Eye Cream with Hyaluronic acid formulations.