Tomato seed oil
Tomato is one of the most consumed vegetable in the world. Fresh in salads or made into sauces or soups, tomato offers many health benefits – reduces cholesterol and protects heart health, prevents urinary tract infections, improves vision and supports digestive system.
Tomato is a fruit or botanically berry of tomato plant (Solanum lycopersicum), which belongs to the nightshade family Solanaceae. The plant is originated in Central and South America. To Europe tomato was brought probably by Spanish conquistador Hernán Cortés, in 1521. Initially the Europeans were suspicious of the bright shiny fruit and mistakenly thought that it was poisonous. Although in reality the leaves of plant are slightly poisonous, but fruit is not.
Tomato seed oil is derived from tomato seeds. High in active ingredients such as lycopene, lutein and zeaxanthin, minerals including cooper, iron, manganese and zinc, tocopherols, phytosterols, flavonoids and fatty acids – Linoleic (Omega-6), Oleic (Omega-9), Stearic and Linolenic (Omega-3), the oil is real natural treasure for maintainig beautiful skin and youthful appearance.
Tomato seed oil benefits for skin and hair:
- deeply moistures all types of skin, especially favourable for mature and ageing skin.
- supports regeneration of skin cells, improves elasticity, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, evens the skin tone.
- soothes and comforts dry and cracked skin, heals irritations and rashes, treats eczema, psoriasis and acne.
- reduces scars and stretch marks.
- acts as mild sunscreen, provides natural protection against harmful UV rays.
- nourishes dry and damaged hair, encourages healty hair growth, repairs split ends and improves hair vitality.
Tomato seed oil is a great anti-aging oil and can be found in Atlantis Skincare Glowing Skin Day Cream with Hyaluronic Acid, Velvet Skin Night Elixir and Glowing Skin Night Cream.