Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) is a herbaceous perennial plant that belongs to the Equisetaceae family, native to the temperate regions of the northern hemisphere. The therapeutic properties of herb are known since old times. The ancient Greeks used horsetail to heal wounds and to stop bleeding, but the North American native people used horsetail for kidney and bladder ailments.
Horsetail is rich in many nutrients and minerals including silicium, potassium, calcium and manganese, as well it contains phytosterols, bioflavonoids, saponins, phenolic and caffeic acids, alkaloids and tannins. Horsetail has antioxidant, antimicrobial, antibacterial, antifungal, astringent and anti-inflammatory properties that help heal many health problems and promote beautiful and flawless appearance.
Horsetail extract benefits for skin and hair:
- cleanses skin, minimizes the appearance of large pores, and promotes a firmer and tighter skin.
- provides anti-aging action, boosts collagen production, smooths fine lines and wrinkles, protects against free radicals.
- heals wounds, cuts and burns by speeding up the healing process.
- calms and soothes skin irritations and rashes, treats eczema, rosacea and acne.
- treats foot problems such as Athlete’s foot, frostbite and chilblains.
- promotes strong healthy hair, improves circulation and strengthens the hair follicles, stimulates hair growth, making hair shiny and lustrous.
Horsetail extract can be found in Atlantis Skincare Two Part Face Mask with Clay and Ginseng.