English Walnut Oil
English Walnut or common walnut is the nut from the species of Juglans Regia, native to the mountain ranges of Central Asia. Alexander the Great brought this Persian nut tree to Macedonia and later it spread around southern Europe and northern Africa. Now it is cultivated in China, United States, Southeastern Europe, Turkey and Mexico.
Walnuts are among one of the most healthy foods in the world, they provide many benefits to the body – supports heart health, reduces high cholesterol level, keeps brain healthy, provides cancer fighting properties, reduces stress and boosts mood, aids sleep, make skin and hair beautiful from inside out.
Walnut oil is extracted from walnuts, it has nice nutty taste and is mainly used as food ingredient. Due to its low smoke point, preferably consume it raw. Composed largely of fatty acids such as Linoleic (Omega-6) acid, Linolenic(Omega-3) acid and Oleic(Omega-9) acid, rich in vitamin B,B1,B2, E and niacin, melatonin and ellagic acid, the oil has many therapeutic properties, it acts as an antioxidant, antibacterial, antifungal, astringent and anti-inflammatory agent.
Walnut oil is also highly useful for skin and hair:
- deeply moistures, smooths and evens skin.
- fights skin aging and sagging, regenerates cells, improves skin elasticity, and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- comforts skin irritations and rashes, treats psoriasis and eczema, cures acne.
- improves blood circulation under the skin; helps diminish dark circles around the eyes.
- promotes hair growth, improves shine and lustre, soothes itchy scalp and fights fungal infections, treats dandruff.
Walnut oil can be found in Atlantis Skincare Glowing Skin Cleansing Milk formula.