Red ucuuba nut oil
Red ucuuba (Virola sebifera) is a tree from the nutmeg family Myristicaceae, native to Central and South America. It grows in evergreen forests in altitude up to 1400 metres. The injured bark of tree exudes a blood-red, watery latex which is utilized to produce homeopathic medicine Myristica sebifera that heals abscesses, phlegmon, furuncle and other infections. The bark of tree is hallucinogen and is used by the indigenous people for ceremonial rituals.
Ucuuba fruit consists of a small round seed that is covered by waxy red aril. The seeds are rich in oil and burn with a clear light. Native people use them to make torches. Ucuuba oil is obtained also from the seeds or nuts of ucuuba fruit. The oil is rich in Lauric, Myristic and Palmitic acids, vitamins A and C, and provides antiinflammatory and antiseptic action. It is great for making candles, soaps and skincare products.
- Ucuuba oil benefits for skin:
- moistures and nourishes the skin.
- provides anti aging protection, boosts collagen production, restores skin elasticity, reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, evens discolouration and improves skin tone, gives radiant glow to skin.
- treats dry or irritated skin conditions, accelerates healing process of eczema, psoriasis and acne.
- reduces pain and treats rheumatism, arthritis and skin ulcerations.
Red ucuuba nut oil is included in Atlantis Skincare Velvet Skin Night Elixir formulation.