Rose Geranium Essential Oil
Rose Geranium Essential Oil is extracted from flowers and leaves of the plant Pelargonium graveolens, also called geranium or rose-scented geranium, native to South Africa and Mozambique. To Europe it was introduced during 17th century, and since then it has been cultivated in Spain, Italy and France. Traditionally the edible flowers and leaves are used as flavouring in vinegar, cakes, jams, jellies, ice creams and teas.
Rose Geranium Essential Oil is widely used in the perfume and fragrance industry. It has sweet, rose-like floral scent with earthy undertone. The oil also has many therapeutic properties, for example its major components – citronellol, nerol and geraniol offer astringent, antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antidepressant and sedative action.
- Geranium oil benefits for skin:
- regenerates cells and improves skin’s elasticity, reduces appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and tightens skin.
- balances sebum production, improves blood circulation under the skin, making it healthier and more vibrant.
- reduces spots and blemishes, fades away and lightens scars, acne and stretch marks, evens skin tone.
- helps to accelerate the healing process of cuts, wounds, bruises and burns.
- serves as a deodorant, helps prevent body odor due to its antibacterial action.
- treats cold sores (Herpes simplex).
Rose Geranium oil helps restore emotional balance, eliminates negative energy, relieves stress and anxiety, calms and uplifts the mood.