Carrot Seed Oil
Carrot is one of the most known and consumed vegetable in the world. The bright orange root is not only tasty, but also healthy, full of carotene, a strong antioxidant, and other vital nutrients that are necessary for beautiful skin and hair, for strong immune system, eye health and good vision.
Carrots are domesticated from the wild carrots, native to Europe and southwestern Asia. At first only the fragrant leaves and seeds were consumed, later after selective breeding carrot obtained greatly enlarged, succulent, edible root that was purple, red or yellow. Orange colored carrot appeared in the Netherlands in 17th century.
Carrot is biennial, the second year of growing it develops flowers and yields the seeds from which carrot seed oil is produced by cold-pressing. High in essential fatty acids such as Oleic acid (Omega-9), Linoleic acid (Omega-6) and Palmitic acid, rich in phytosterols and carotenoids, carrot oil is excellent for dull, tired, dry and mature skin, and also great for dry and damaged hair.
Benefits of Carrot Seed Oil:
- moisturizes and nourishes, leaves skin smooth and soft.
- fights premature skin aging – stimulates cell renewal, improves elasticity and firmness of skin, improves complexion, evens skin tone and restores healthy radiant glow.
- comforts and soothes dry, sensitive and damaged skin, relieves itching and redness.
- calms skin irritations, heals eczema and psoriasis.
- acts as natural sunscreen, protects the skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays.
- deeply nourishes hair, encourages fuller growth, and restores shine.
Carrot Seed Oil is included in Atlantis Skincare Velvet Skin Night Elixir formula.