Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia) is a flowering plant in the family Lamiaceae, native to the Mediterranean. It is a severely aromatic evergreen shrub with purple flowers, commonly grown as a decorative plant. Its beautiful fragrance and therapeutic properties are known from ancient times. Egyptians used lavender for mummification, Greeks as a perfume, Romans used it to clean their wounds and burns, and also to perfume their hair, their clothes and their bath water.
Lavender oil is extracted from lavender flowers. It has dynamic, fresh floral aroma with sweet overtone. It is widely used in perfumes, soaps and beauty products. Lavender oil offers anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antiseptic, antibacterial and antimicrobial action that provides many health benefits to the body and mind. Lavender oil helps treat migraines, headaches, insomnia, respiratory disorders, improves blood circulation and digestion. It is favourable also for skin and hair.
- nourishes the skin, suitable for all skin types.
- slows aging by providing powerful antioxidant protection, enhances new cell growth, rejuvenates and restores the skin, smooths out wrinkles and fine lines.
- cleanses the skin, treats acne, evens the complexion, reduces age spots and stretch marks.
- accelerates the healing process of wounds, cuts, burns, sunburns and insect bites.
- calms and soothes dry and chapped skin, reduces skin inflammations and redness.
- helps ease the pain caused by sore and tense muscles, muscular aches and rheumatism, relieves the joints pain.
- stimulates hair growth, reduces scalp irritations, treats dandruff, keeps lice away.
Lavender scent relieves emotional tension, calms and relaxes, brings harmony to the mind and body.
Lavender oil can be found in Atlantis Skincare Stretch Mark Oil for Pregnant Belly.