Sweet Orange essential oil
Sweet Orange is the juicy fruit of orange tree (Citrus sinensis) in the citrus family Rutaceae, originated in southern China, where it has been cultivated for thousands years. It is called “golden apple” and considered as symbol of prosperity and good fortune. Now orange trees are grown worldwide in tropical and subtropical climates for their delicious fruit which can be consumed fresh or processed into juice. Oranges are an amazing source of vitamin C that boosts immune system and heart health, aids in weight loss and helps prevent cancer, and can do miracles to the skin.
Sweet Orange oil is extracted from the peel of orange fruit. It is used for flavouring food and drinks and also in the perfume and beauty industry. Orange oil fragrance can be characterised as a warm, vivid, sweet citrus scent with bitter undertone. It has antiinflammatory, antiseptic, antidepressant, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.
Orange oil benefits for skin:
- fights signs of skin aging, enhances collagen production, smooths fine lines and wrinkles, revitalizes the skin.
- provides glow to dull skin, evens the tone, lighten dark spots, improves complexion.
- works as natural astringent, cleanses and balances oily skin and treats acne.
- reduces the pain, eases the bone and joint pain, improves the blood circulation.
- stimulates lymphatic drainage, helps combat water retention and cellulite.
Sweet Orange essential oil fragrance promotes a feeling of happiness and warmth, brings energy and cheers up the mind.
Sweet Orange essential oil is added to Atlantis Skincare Velvet Skin Night Elixir formula.