Ylang-ylang essential oil
Ylang-ylang essential oil is derived from the fresh flowers of the tree Cananga odorata. It is a large evergreen tropical tree of the Annonaceae family, originated in Indonesia and is widely distributed in Southeast Asia, the Philippines and the Polynesian islands. The tree has drooping branches and beautiful yellow long petaled flowers which are pollinated by night moths, therefore they release their intensive fragrance from dusk until dawn. Usually flowers are collected at sunrise when their aroma is the most intense.
Ylang-ylang essential oil has sweet, exotic floral scent and is commonly used as an ingredient in fragrances, perfumes and cosmetics. It is also used for therapeutic purposes as offers antidepressant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, sedative, antiinflammatory and aphrodisiac effects.
Benefits for skin and hair:
- helps regulate the production of sebum and maintains skin moisture.
- fights signs of premature aging and reduces fine lines and wrinkles by relaxing facial muscles and releasing tension, gives youthful glow to skin.
- calms and soothes skin irritations, rashes and inflammations, treats acne and seborrhea.
- helps accelerate the healing process of the wounds, minor cuts, abrasions and burns.
- fortifies and strengthens hair follicles, promotes hair growth and makes them healthy and shiny.
Ylang-ylang fragrance provides relief from stress and anxiety, lifts mood and invokes feeling of joy and happiness.
Ylang-ylang essential oil is included in Atlantis Skincare Glowing Skin Night Cream formulation.