Macadamia Seed Oil
Macadamia nut is a tasty and healthy fruit of the tropical evergreen tree in the Proteaceae family, indigenous to Australia. It was a treasured food for aboriginal people for centuries. They carried nuts as a non-perishable food source and as a trading commodity with other Aboriginal groups. British colonists discovered the plant in 1857, and named after a noted Australian scientist John Macadam. Now Macadamias are cultivated in various tropical reagions around the world.
Macadamia oil is obtained from macadamia nuts or seeds. High in Oleic(Omega-9) acid, Palmitoleic and Palmitic acid, vitamins A, B and minerals – calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium, this nutritious oil improves heart health, boosts energy, improves digestion and supports immune system. It is good for cooking and raw eating. And it is excellent also in cosmetic due to its stability against oxidation and many benefits what offers to skin and hair.
- moistures the skin, absorbs quickly without leaving greasy residue, leaves satiny finish to the skin, suitable for all types of skin.
- prevents signs of aging, smooths fine lines and wrinkles, reduces age spots, retains suppleness of the skin and gives youthful appearance.
- balances natural sebum production in the oily skin.
- heals dry and chapped skin, calms and softens, comforts itchiness and redness.
- accelerates healing of wounds, scratches and burns.
- acts as a mild sun screen, protects skin against harmful UVA-UVB sun rays.
- reduces hair loss and improves health of hair, strengthens the hair roots.
Macadamia oil can be found in most of our products – Atlantis Skincare Glowing Skin Cleansing Milk, Glowing Skin Day Cream with Hyaluronic Acid, Velvet Skin Night Elixir and Eye Cream with Hyaluronic Acid.