Styrax Benzoin Resin Essential Oil
Styrax Benzoin is a species of evergreen tree, native to Sumatra in Indonesia. The tree is cultivated mainly for benzoin resin also called balsamic resin that is obtained from incisions made on the bark of tree. Benzoin has been used since ancient times as a fumigating agent and still now is a popular incense for Orthodox Christian churches and Islamic World.
Benzoin Resin Essential Oil is also a common ingredient in perfumes because of its sweet vanilla-like scent and fixative properties. It is used as flavouring in alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages, baked goods, chewing gums, frozen dairy and puddings, in cosmetic industry and medicine.
Styrax Benzoin Resin provides antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and astringent properties.
Styrax Benzoin Resin benefits for skin and hair:
- protects the skin by forming an invisible film that prevents moisture loss, improves skin’s elasticity and smooths the skin.
- soothes dry, irritated or inflamed skin, relieves eczema, psoriasis and rashes.
- accelerates healing of wounds, bedsores and skin ulcers.
- stimulates blood circulation, eases muscle pain, treats rheumatism and arthritis.
- soothes and calms the itchy scalp, gives hair a glossy shine.
Styrax Benzoin Resin essential oil is used in Atlantis Skincare Glowing Skin Day Cream with Hyaluronic Acid, Glowing Skin Cleansing Milk, Glowing Skin Toner and Two Part Face Mask with Clay and Ginseng.