Green clay is a non-expanding clay crystalline mineral. Its green colour is attributed to the clay’s iron oxide and decomposed plant matter content. The main minerals found in green clay are magnesium, calcium, potassium, dolomite, silica, manganese, phosphorous, cooper and selenium. It is used in beauty products and for body detoxifying.
Clay is a fine grained natural rock or soil material that combines one or more clay minerals with traces of metal oxides and organic matter. Depending on the soil’s content in which it is found, clay can appear in various colours – white, rose, grey, green, blue, brown or deep orange-red. The first recorded use of medicinal clay is on Mesopotamian clay tablets. Also ancient Egyptians used clay as an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic agent, but legendary Cleopatra made clay applications to preserve her beauty. Throughout centuries clay has been used to treat different skin issues and to purify the body.
- Clay benefits for skin:
- unclogs pores, cleanses and purifies, removes oil and impurities from the skin, attracts and absorbs toxins and other non-useful elements.
- gently exfoliates and removes dead skin cells, makes skin softer and gives it a healthy glow.
- helps balance skins natural oil production, tightens pores.
- calms and soothes skin irritations and infections, speeds up healing of wounds.
- regenerates skin cells and tissues, improves elasticity and firmness, helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- lightens skin, diminishes the appearance of scars and stretch marks, improves and evens skin tone, reduces age spots.
Mix of Bentonite clay, Green clay and Fullers clay is the main ingredient in Atlantis Skincare Two Part Face Mask with Clay and Ginseng.
Remember not to use metal utensils while mixing the mask as clay loses its beneficial electromagnetic qualities through contact with metal.