Tangerine (Citrus Reticulate) is an orange coloured citrus fruit that is a widely cultivated variety of mandarin. Although it has been grown for over 3000 years in China and Japan, the name it has got from Tangier, the port city of Morocco, from where the fruit was first shipped to Europe and America.
Tangerine oil comes from the fruit’s outer peel. The main components of oil are limonene, alpha-pinene, myrcene, linalool, neral, geraniol and tymol. It offers antifungal, antiseptic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antioxidant, sedative and antiinflammatory action. Tangerine oil has delightful, warm citrusy aroma, and it is used in perfume, cosmetic and food industry.
Tangerine oil benefits for skin and hair:
- provides powerful antioxidant protection.
- rejuvenates the skin, stimulates the generation and growth of new cells, refreshes the complexion.
- decreases inflammation and pain, treats acne and other skin issues.
- heals minor cuts and wounds, reduces swelling and redness of the affected skin, speeds up healing process.
- reduces scars and stretch marks.
- helps treat dandruff and dry scalp, makes hair healthy and shiny.
Tangerine oil scent reduces emotional tension and calms the mind, uplifts mood and boosts energy.
Like others citrus oils, tangerine oil may induce photosensitivity that may lead to sunburn.
Tangerine oil can be found in Atlantis Skincare Stretch Mark Oil for Pregnant Belly.