Murumuru butter is obtained from the seed kernels of the murumuru palm tree (Astrocaryum murumuru), native to the Amazon Rainforest in Brazil. Its edible fruits and seed kernels are significant food source for local people, although harvesting is difficult because of the long spines that cover the palm’s steam, leaves and stalk of fruit.
Murumuru butter is solid at room temperature, but melts immediately on contact with skin. It is used to produce soaps, beauty and skincare products. Rich in nutrients such as vitamin A and C, fatty acids – Lauric acid, Myristic acid and Oleic acid(Omega-9), murumuru butter provides antibacterial, antimicrobial, antifungal, antiallergenic, antioxidant action.
Murumuru butter benefits for skin and hair:
- serves as a wonderful moisturizer, is easy absorbed into the deeper layers of skin, doesn’t clog the pores while forms the film that protects the skin from dehydration.
- fights aging – promotes collagen and elastin production, improves skin elasticity and suppleness, reduces the fine lines and wrinkles, makes skin look younger and radiant.
- treats dry, sensitive and chapped skin, comforts and soothes skin irritations, repairs sun damaged skin.
- aids healing of acne, eczema and psoriasis.
- moistures and nourishes the frizzy, dry and damaged hair, strengthens and fortifies the hair roots.
Murumuru butter is added to Atlantis Skincare Eye Cream with Hyaluronic Acid.